I'm happy to announce that the 2016 Northwest Indiana Outdoor Portrait Photography Workshop will take place on May 21, 2016. So, who is this class for? While anyone could benefit from the knowledge in the class, it mostly centers around interchangeable lens cameras and using them to take portraits, event photos and more. If you are someone who is using a point and shoot camera, but want to make the jump to something more advanced, this class will help you as well. Also, there are many fixed lens high end cameras out these days as well, the Fuji X100s come to mind, that would also be perfect for this class. So don't let the description scare you out of attending. However, it's not a "how to use your phone camera" class either.
Here are a few FAQ's in addition to all of the info you need below.
- Will I get to shoot at this class? - Yes, in the afternoon we will go outside and I will have a model on hand to pose for us. We will shoot natural light, use reflectors, use my flash (I will provide the gear) and take turns creating images.
- What if it rains? - Photography is all about thinking on your feet. If weather is bad, we will shoot inside the cafe where the classroom portion is being held.
- Is this a "real live professional model"? - I can guarantee that the model will be alive. However, this isn't a bikini clad, Victoria Secret type of shoot. Our model will be a normal everyday person.
- Will you show me everything I need to know about the menus of my camera so I don't have to read the manual? No. While I can certainly get you going and shooting and you will walk away knowing far more than when you came in, I won't have the time to go through every persons particular camera inside and out.
- Is there any special brand of camera I need? Absolutely not. One of the myths of photography (besides megapixels) is that certain brands are better than others. They are different flavors of the same delicious pastry - all delicious!!
- Should I bring a notebook? I think that is a good idea. However, a PDF will be made available after the class for download and will have much of the information discussed.
If you have any other questions, please fill out the Contact Form and ask away. I will try to get back to you in short order. You can purchase the class at the link below. NOTE: The class is currently on sale. Thanks!!